When it comes to oral health, accidents happen and could lead to an infection or other complications. To prevent damage from getting worse and provide pain relief as soon as possible, we offer emergency dental care during office hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, contact our office immediately:
- Painful, swollen or bleeding gums
- Toothache and facial pain
- Cracked or chipped teeth or fillings.
- Tooth trauma
Our experienced staff will schedule an emergency consultation as soon as possible. In the meantime, we advise you to do the following in the case of these specific emergencies:
- A detached tooth should be kept submerged until your appointment. The best option is to soak it in milk.
- If you have a cracked or chipped tooth, with an increased response to cold or sweet stimuli avoid extreme temperatures, keep it clean and apply some desensitizing toothpaste.
- If you have a toothache, characterized with a dull continuous ache with an increased response to heat and pressure, avoid extreme temperatures; schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Avoid taking any aspirin based medication or applying it directly to the tooth/cavity.